What's a developer supposed to do on Dynamics AX training boot camp when there is more than enough time for labs and Visual Studio installed!?
Annoy someone, of course! And that's how my latest creation was born. It's simply called Annoy - a simple, but annoying program written in 10 minutes in order to finish it before first break, so I could annoy as many colleagues as possible.
- when started, it makes a screen shot,
- display "always on top" borderless form with screenshot loaded,
- when user double-clicks on that form (which (s)he thinks it's his screen) it randomly:
- shows strange error message,
- displays a screenshot of empty screen you prepared before starting (give it a name "annoy.png"),
- blocks all non-system keyboard shortcuts (like Alt-F4, but not Win key or Ctrl-Alt-Del).
Unfortunately, me annoying people didn't go very well. First victim immediately knew I was the one to blame, since I left Internet Explorer opened when I downloaded the program on his machine. (duh!)
Second victim left the training after the brake and just shutdown locked machine.
Maybe there is a chance for a office prank, if none of my workmates reads this. Here is the executable and the source if you want to try to annoy someone.
How to use
- download and unpack,
- hide somewhere and close all windows,
- press print screen, open Paint, paste and save image as "empty.png" in folder containing annoy.exe,
- use Start / Run to start it so there is no evidence on screen when program makes a screenshot.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (or higher),
- put it a folder where it will have write permissions.
Good luck and report back!
Note: Training is done, cross you fingers for me tomorrow on exam!
Technorati tags: C#