Apple released a new iPod updater today. It's enormous in size at 35 MB and it includes updated software for iPod mini and Click Wheel iPods.
New Updates for iPod mini
- Compatibility with iTunes 4.7 and the iTunes Music Store - I don't know what this means, I don't see any difference.
- Create multiple On-The-Go playlists - Excellent - you can create and save playlists on iPod now!
- Shuffle and play song library with one click - You had to go to main menu in order to turn shuffle on/off!
- Delete songs from On-The-Go playlists - What took you so long?
- Select reading playback speed for audiobooks - Yeah, baby! Great for my DNR sessions!
- Hear Click Wheel clicker through headphones - Ok, I don't care about this one. Turned it off the first day.
- Sync and go with improved disconnect performance - Oh, this is cool. iPod doesn't reset after disconnect. It's much faster now!
On the first look there is also slight change in the menus Browse is changed to Music, there is a new folder under Music called Audiobooks that shows audiobooks. I used Smart-Playlist to filter them out before.
Please note! Don't do as I did with a 1.1 update. Don't go updating your iPod if you don't have wall charger handy. You will need it in order to finish update. Until you plug your updated iPod to external charger it's going to be locked. You can you PowerPod or other car charger, it worked for me.
Thanks, Apple! Great update.